Best VPNs for MAC 2019
$2.75 per month
|Visit Site NordVPN Review|
$2.75 per month
|Visit Site CyberGhost Review|
$6.67 per month
|Visit Site ExpressVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site TunnelBear Review|
$7.99 per month
|Visit Site Hide My Ass Review|
$1.25 per month
|Visit Site ZoogVPN Review|
$2.87 per month
|Visit Site PureVPN Review|
$6.49 per month
|Visit Site IPVanish Review|
$5.49 per month
|Visit Site AirVPN Review|
$5.83 per month
|Visit Site StrongVPN Review|
- Military Grade Encryption
- 2,800+ Superfast Servers
- Ultra Secure, Zero Logs
- Easiest VPN on the Market
- 1100+ Servers in 30+ Countries
- Fast & Secure Connection
- Trusted by 15 Million+ Users
- Save up to 77% on a 1 year subscription
- Fastest VPN on the Market
- 1,500+ servers in 94 Countries
- Ultra Secure, No Logs
- Save up to 48% on a 1 year subscription
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- 700+ Servers & 200K+ IP’s
- VPN with a free trial
- 880 + Servers in 279+ Countries
- Save up to 43% on 1 year subscription
- Easy to use
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- Save 90% on a 2 year subscription
- 42+ Servers & 500+ IP’s
- 750+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- Unlimited Server Switching
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Save up to 74% on a 2 year subscription
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- 1010+ Servers in 90 countries
- Email support is great
- Save up to 46% on a 1 year subscription
- 210+ Servers & 210+ IP’s
- Save 36% on a 1 year subscription
Everything You Need to Know About VPN for MAC
Every Mac user needs a VPN. It not only enables you to connect to private networks securely, but also protects you from hackers. And since the internet has a series of VPN software on the market, we advise that you choose a VPN for Mac carefully. Here, we’ll help you learn how to choose the best VPN for Mac. Plus, we’ll guide you on vital steps involved in installing a VPN on MacOS whether it’s Macbook Pro or Macbook Air.
Why You Need to Use a VPN for Mac
- Just as with PCs, Macbooks are susceptible to online attacks and network interception. Thus, with a VPN for Mac from a trusted provider, you can enjoy the needed security and encryption that keeps your internet activities private.
- Again, some websites and apps often require tracking the location of users. Many times too, such tracking causes quick battery usage on your device. However, using a VPN will allow you stop such device traffic and keep your actual IP address hidden.
- Another reason you need a VPN for Mac is unblocking geo-locked content on streaming sites. Some countries are known to limit the access of internet users to websites in such regions, especially when the users are from particular countries. For example, we have services like Netflix, Wikipedia, BBC iPlayer, HBO, and ResearchGate which prevent the access of users in specific countries. Installing the best VPN service for Mac will give you the unlimited access to such videos and internet content.
- Web censorship is another problem associated with using the internet. In some countries such as China, internet users are banned from viewing certain pages. But a Mac VPN helps you to bypass such censorship and view whatever content you need.
- Private browsing is something every internet user should have access to. Yet, you find corporations and governments that monitor the internet activities of their employees. In fact, you can’t trust public Wi-Fi or your internet service provider (ISP). You can, however, get all the freedom you need by installing one of the top-rated VPNs which often guarantees high-scale encryption and operate a no-log policy.
- Apart from protecting your internet activities, you need to keep the data on your Macbook safe to prevent malware attacks which could wipe everything out.
- With a VPN for Mac, you can be in any other country without leaving where you are. All you need to do is change your IP address depending on the number of countries supplied by your VPN server. Such location switching provides browsing flexibility as well as some level of internet control.
How to Choose the Best VPN Software for Mac
Now that you agree that your Mac isn’t as safe as you thought, you must be eager to discover the best VPN for Mac. Here’s the deal: There are factors that can guide how you choose the best VPN for Mac, and they include:
- Number of servers – Before you choose a VPN provider, you should find out the number of servers it has across countries. A VPN with less than 1,500 servers may limit your switch between servers and may not include the actual countries you intend to access.
- Ease of Installation – Irrespective of the fame attached to a specific VPN, without a simple interface, you could never get the best of it. Look out for the steps involved in installing and using the VPN on your Mac. When you’re sure that it won’t be a daunting task, go for it.
- Connection Speed and Reliability – Speed is a very vital criterion for choosing the best VPN for Mac. If you’ll be using the VPN to stream and download, you need fast speed and a reliable connection supported by unlimited bandwidth. Be sure that the VPN won’t break as some point and leave your data exposed. Choose a VPN with a full kill switch and leak protection.
- Level of Encryption – Any VPN with questionable encryption is unreliable. 256-bit AES encryption is one of the most trusted layers of encryption for protecting internet traffic. Thus, keep this in mind when picking a VPN.
- Logging Policy – Don’t believe a VPN that promises you no logging but goes ahead to help security agents catch a criminal. While this action may seem good, who says they won’t come for you in the future? Your Macbook needs a VPN that doesn’t log your internet activities and IP address at all. When it’s logless, it’s safer.
- Already-built in MacOS/OSX App – Apps make life a whole lot easier, even with VPNs. Choose a VPN that has a ready app for their VPN and supports features that make toggling quicker. Visit the VPN website to understand the actual benefits of the app.
How to Install VPN on MacOs
Below are steps on how to install a VPN on MacOS:
- Go to Network Preferences
- Step 2. Choose configuration settings
- Step 3. Import the settings from your VPN connection (if it came with one)
- Step 4. Otherwise, enter the settings manually by choosing Apple menu
- Step 5. Click System Preferences
- Step 6. Next, click Network
- Step 7. Click on “Add” to add VPN
- Step 8. Select the VPN type (L2TP/IPSec/ILEv2)
- Step 9. Include the VPN address and add your account name
- Step 10. Complete the Authentication with network provided information
- Step 11. Check your details, then click OK and connect.
Note that you can use the VPN icon to easily turn the VPN on/off. In addition, you can switch VPN by removing one and installing another. Before you install a VPN on Mac, ensure that you have the VPN server address, username and password, and connection type. Above all, choose a reputable VPN and not just a popular one.
On a final note, we’d like to suggest that you avoid free VPNs for Mac as they still expose your IP address. Equally, their free offerings are very limited and they come with unnecessary ads. One more demerit is the limited bandwidth. This post has enlightened you on VPN for Mac, why you need one, and how to choose the best VPN for Mac. Have you installed a VPN on your Mac device? What has been your experience with it?
Why choose TopVPNchoice?
20+ VPN services
07 May 2018
Most of the people do not get access to most of […]
05 May 2018
With the rising wave of technologies and development around the […]