Best VPNs for iPhone 2018
$2.75 per month
|Visit Site NordVPN Review|
$6.67 per month
|Visit Site ExpressVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site TunnelBear Review|
$7.99 per month
|Visit Site Hide My Ass Review|
$1.25 per month
|Visit Site ZoogVPN Review|
$2.87 per month
|Visit Site PureVPN Review|
$6.49 per month
|Visit Site IPVanish Review|
$5.49 per month
|Visit Site AirVPN Review|
$5.83 per month
|Visit Site StrongVPN Review|
- Military Grade Encryption
- 2,800+ Superfast Servers
- Ultra Secure, Zero Logs
- Easiest VPN on the Market
- Fastest VPN on the Market
- 1,500+ servers in 94 Countries
- Ultra Secure, No Logs
- Save up to 48% on a 1 year subscription
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- 700+ Servers & 200K+ IP’s
- VPN with a free trial
- 880 + Servers in 279+ Countries
- Save up to 43% on 1 year subscription
- Easy to use
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- Save 90% on a 2 year subscription
- 42+ Servers & 500+ IP’s
- 750+ Servers in 140+ Countries
- Unlimited Server Switching
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Save up to 74% on a 2 year subscription
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- 1010+ Servers in 90 countries
- Email support is great
- Save up to 46% on a 1 year subscription
- 210+ Servers & 210+ IP’s
- Save 36% on a 1 year subscription
Everything you need to know about VPN for iPhone
Steps for setting up VPN for iPhone
Using the iPhone can be quite complicated for some people. It usually has some functionality that is not as easy as that of android systems. For this reason, it could be quite something to set VPN on the phone. The following step by step guide should, however, make it easy.
- Step 1. Open your iPhone settings menu from the home screen.
- Step 2. Find where it is written general and click on it. A list of other functionalities will appear.
- Step 3. Scroll to where it is written network and click. Under this key, find VPN and click.
- Step 4. Now select Add VPN as the information appears on your screen. For this step, you will need to be ready with all the relevant information because you are going to configure and set up the VPN connection.
- Step 5. Select PPTP because it is the most commonly used VPN setting in iPhone. You can also use L2TP because setting them up to use the same procedure. The only slight difference is that L2TP requires a shared key which your VPN provider provides. You will need to add VPN configuration which allows you to go ahead with next steps.
- Step 6. Add the VPN configurations now. Your VPN provider will prove these configurations and so, it should be easy to complete.
- Step 7. Select name your VPN connection. You will see in the description field an option to select a name for your connection. You come up with any name you like here.
- Step 8. Select the server name. Here, your VPN provider will give you a list of different server. You need to choose according to what your provider has made available to you. The name of your VPN might be different from that of your server. Do not worry about that since the connection will just go through
- Step 9. Create your password. After following the steps above, you will be prompted to come up with your account name and passwords. These might be provided by the provider too
- Step 10. Now turn the RSA secure ID to off. This is after you have filled out every field correctly.
- Step 11. Select the encryption level. In this step, you will also need to turn the encryption level to auto. Turn on “send all traffic.”
- Step 12. Save the settings and return to the home menu. Select settings again and you will find the VPN slider tab just under Wi-Fi.
- Step 13. Turn it one and you are ready to enjoy VPN connection.
Are iPhone VPNs really safe?
The whole point of using VPNs is based on a foundation of trust. You will have to trust your VPN provider completely. Do not, therefore, go for companies that have just recently come on the market. Look for those that have established a reputation. As much as your data is hidden from prying eyes, your VPN provider can access it. You should, therefore, take an extra step to your security. If possible, do not go for VPNs that use credit cards as the only payment method.
What is the best VPN for iPhone?
This is the question that gives a lot of people problems figuring out. Using VPN for iPhone is never about protecting your phone or something mechanical. It is all about protecting your information. And that is the main reason why you will need the best VPN. There are very many VPNs on the market. Luckily, you already know how to choose a good VPN from the sections above. All you have to do not is to look out for one that has all the features. Using iPhone today means a lot of things. It is one of the best mobile devices on the planet. iPhones have revolutionized the world of mobile technology as we know it and it continues to do it. One of the main reasons why iPhone stands out among all Smartphones is that it is built on security as their foundation. This means it is not easy to get on the phone as it may be with other phones. Enhanced security features ensure you have the best protection.
What does using VPN mean for an iPhone user?
If you combine the security features of iPhone with Virtual Private Network (VPN), you get an extra layer of protection. In summary, using the best VPN for iPhone means two things:
- Privacy. When you are connecting through a VPN it appears as though you are in a totally different place. All your traffic goes through a secure channel. Meaning your data is fully encrypted making it completely impossible for anyone to look at it apart from you. The prying eyes of ISPs, the government, and hackers.
- Unblocking content. There is too much content on the internet that is usually blocked. With VPN you can unblock all restricted content on your iPhone.
Why do you need to use VPN for iPhone?
The simplest answer to this is, anything can go wrong. In the modern society, using the internet is the way of life. Meaning the internet is the source of most content, which is why it is referred to as the hub of information. However, you cannot make a mistake of assuming that you are completely safe when using the internet. While using the ISPs, chances are you are being spied on. In most governments, ISPs are forced to hold the browsing history of their users. While this is an invasion of privacy, many governments are doing it. In the US for example, the ISPs have even the authority to sell browsing history to third parties. Well, that is just not right considering that there is nothing you can do about it; it’s policy. The best way out of such a situation is by using VPN. The VPNs stops ISPs from tracking what you do online. You are completely protected as you work under the radar. Consequently, they can’t use your data in any way. Many countries in the world censor internet use. This is more rampant in the Middle East where websites are regularly blocked due to cultural or religious beliefs. In Australia, for example, Torrenting and video streaming are blocked to reduce piracy. Even in the UK, there is censorship on the internet as those under the age of 18 will need to prove their age. Otherwise, they will not be able to access adult sites. Now if you want to jump all these issues and access restricted content, using VPN for iPhone is the way to go. As seen above, VPN is very important and can provide benefits that go beyond the obvious. All you have you have to do is to identify the best VPN for iPhone, and you are good to go.
How to choose VPN for iPhone
There are lots of VPN services in the world today. In fact, there are over 850 commercial VPNs, but unfortunately, not all of them are good. Apart from this, many of these VPNs don’t even have apps software for iPhone. It even gets worse than those that have iOS VPN software use old and out of date encryption technology. They have poor privacy policies that could put someone in trouble. These are some of the issues that you may face while using VPNs. And many VPNs, even once you have subscribed may fail to unblock a lot of content. Some just have slow servers that can give you the worst experience online. However, that is not the end of everything. You can still establish some VPNs for iPhone that can serve you better. The following are some of the considerations to put in mind while looking for the services.
Lots of servers in as many locations as possible
The whole point of a VPN is to drive your traffic to different locations, so it seems as though you are accessing from a different place. This means those that only have a few servers may not give you so many options. Sometimes content can be blocked in one place but could be open in others. Therefore, the more the servers they have, the better for you. The whole point is to pretend you are accessing from different places.
When you connect through VPN, your speed will obviously be affected. However, some VPNs are just too much. They have a slow server that is completely useless when you want to watch HD streaming. To enjoy streaming videos, you should know how important speed is, and anything that is slow is not worth your time. For this reason, consider a service that gives you lightning speeds.
Encryption and security features
The whole point of connecting the internet over VPN is to remain safe and anonymous. It will not matter at the end of the day when you don’t have sure security. For this reason, you need to find a service that offers you world-class security. Your data is important, and you don’t want to it stolen.
Great customer care service
In the business world, what makes the difference between different companies is the ability to handle their customers well. If you serve the customers the right way, you have higher chances of keeping them. In the same way, you must ensure that your provider is offering you world-class customer care services. Whenever you have any issues, you can call and ask for help with ease. You can also ask questions in case you have any.
VPN iOS software
There are many VPN service providers in the world today. Not all of them, however, have the best VPN app for iPhone. Therefore when looking for a VPN for your iPhone, you must look out for one that has the software. You can’t have a good experience unless you can connect through software on your phone directly.
Get back the value of your money
Connecting to VPN is an investment. You subscribe to them with your hard earned money because you want the best protection. There are however some VPNs that charge extremely high for the services but offer too little. Identify VPNs with lower charges but that have great features.
Benefits of using VPN for iPhone
The benefits of using VPN with iPhone are immense. Since you already know why you need VPN for your iPhone, it should not be a problem figuring this out.
Encryption and spoofing of your location
Connecting to VPN means all your network traffic is encrypted. Whether you are using browsers, apps or iOS itself, the results are the same. The data does not go straight to the site you are trying to access. Instead, it travels to a server owned by the VPN providers where it is decrypted then send to the destination in the end. In essence, your data is protected from prying eyes and anyone else that would have an interest in accessing the data. That is not the only benefit that you get when you connect via VPN. Consider this too, when you connect to the internet, the site you are accessing knows your IP address. At the same time, it knows exactly where you are accessing from. That is why people get blocked. Ad-trackers, government agencies, and other interested entities can use that IP address to track what you do online. The two scenarios above cannot happen when you are using VPN. What other see is only the IP address of the company you have chosen for the service. The best providers have servers all over the world. This means there is not blocked content that you can’t access.
If you are looking for unlimited and easy access to all internet content, installing VPN in your iPhone is a perfect way. As long as you find a proxy that serves your interests, you don’t have anything to worry about. Your iPhone needs VPN, and that is a fact you can’t dispute.
Why choose TopVPNchoice?
20+ VPN services
07 May 2018
Most of the people do not get access to most of […]
05 May 2018
With the rising wave of technologies and development around the […]