Best VPN services for Browser 2019
$2.99 per month
|Visit Site NordVPN Review|
$6.67 per month
|Visit Site ExpressVPN Review|
$1.25 per month
|Visit Site ZoogVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site GOOSEVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site TunnelBear Review|
- Military Grade Encryption
- 5100+ Superfast Servers
- Ultra Secure, Zero Logs
- Easiest VPN on the Market
- Fastest VPN on the Market
- 1,500+ servers in 94 Countries
- Ultra Secure, No Logs
- Save up to 48% on a 1 year subscription
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- Save 90% on a 2 year subscription
- 42+ Servers & 500+ IP’s
- VPN with a free 30-days trial
- Easy to use
- Save 62% on a 1 year subscription
- 72 + servers & 75+ IP
Most popular categories:
Everything You Need to Know About VPN for Browser
Online security comes first in the world, regardless of whether you are an ordinary user, an employee of a large company or the owner of your own business. Confidentiality and protection of personal data are one of the most popular topics. A special software VPN, which will provide all the necessary services, can solve this issue. However, due to the large number of different VPNs, users are facing different questions when choosing the appropriate VPN. One of the actual points is the need to use a VPN application, or just use the extension for a VPN browser. There is no single answer to this question since everything depends on your needs and preferences. Both the VPN application and the extension for the VPN browser have their pros and cons, which will be discussed in this article. Carefully read all the strengths and weaknesses and choose the option that best suits your requests for all parameters.
Expectations from the best VPN for browser
Usually, users resort to the use of VPN in order to gain access to Internet resources with geo-blocking, such as Netflix, especially while traveling. However, this is not the only feature of the VPN, since, in addition to bypassing the lock, VPN gives you a high level of protection and makes your online activity completely confidential. Thus, in order to get the above-mentioned services, you can:
- Install the VPN application on your device, which will route all your traffic through proxy servers.
- Use the VPN browser extension to get traffic protection going through certain browsers. This option is good for those who do not need to protect the entire computer but need only the protection of used browsers. It is also fine for protecting your personal information when connecting to public open Wi-Fi access points. The need to connect to Netflix and BBC iPlayer abroad is also included in this offer.
The VPN browser is more convenient and practical than some VPN applications, especially when you need to quickly connect to the Internet. However, they do not have the same level of protection for the entire computer that you get using the VPN application. VPN extensions are a simple, easy and affordable alternative to a full-fledged VPN. In relation to the security of the entire computer, they are not as reliable as possible. However, using VPN extensions, you can access services such as secure connection, unlock geo-restrictions, and hide your online activity.
VPN browser extension pros and cons
VPN browser extension is a unique system that integrating with your browser gives you the opportunity to use additional functions. The main advantages include:
- affordable pricing policy;
- easy installation and use.
The foregoing pluses cause users to choose the VPN extensions, forgetting to learn about their shortcomings, such as:
- VPN extensions are not VPNs in fact, because they do not have data encryption;
- even using encryption protocols, VPN extensions cannot give the proper level of protection, since they do not encrypt the credentials of the applications you use, the traffic that you receive, etc.;
- a large number of malicious VPN extensions that provide their services for free, but earn on reselling your personal data to third parties without your consent.
VPN app pros and cons
The VPN application is any program installed on the device you need to create a virtual private network. The VPN application provides the user with reliable traffic encryption and data routing using a remote server. The main advantages of a VPN application include:
- high level of data protection;
- full anonymity during online activity;
- hiding a real IP address;
- circumvention of geo-restrictions;
- traffic encryption.
VPN applications also possess:
- high configuration flexibility – this means that you can use them on different platforms, not just with certain web browsers;
- additional practical functions (dedicated IP-addresses and personal servers);
- nice and comfortable user interface;
- the high speed of connection;
- professional customer support.
Nevertheless, despite all the advantages, VPN applications have some drawbacks, which you definitely need to know about. These include:
- Relatively high price policy. A good VPN covers many countries in which it has own servers. This requires a lot of financial resources, which is why VPN sets the payment for its services (one-time payment or subscription for a long period). Most of the VPNs give you the opportunity to use the free trial version, so you can be sure of what you will pay for and whether you like certain VPN provider in general.
- Some VPN applications require special knowledge and can take time to properly configure on certain devices. However, this issue is addressed by providers through the creation of clear instructions for installation and configuration, as well as the availability of high-quality and professional customer support.
Nowadays, both VPN-extensions for browsers and VPN-applications are very popular among users who want to comfortably use the Internet. If you still do not know what you want to use, answer the question – do you need a VPN for browser only? If the answer is “Yes”, then you need to find a reliable VPN plugin that will help to hide your actual IP address and give you access to geo-blocked content in your region. This is a good choice if you do not want to bother about setting up a VPN application. If the answer is “No” and you want to get maximum protection of all Internet traffic on all your devices, as well as complete confidentiality during Internet connections, then you better use the VPN application. This is an excellent investment of several dollars in the security of your data, especially if we consider that we live in the age of highly developed cyber-crime.
Why choose TopVPNchoice?
20+ VPN services
09 July 2018
During an Internet session, each person encountered such a nuisance […]
07 May 2018
Most of the people do not get access to most of […]