Best VPNs for Viber 2019
$2.75 per month
|Visit Site NordVPN Review|
$6.67 per month
|Visit Site ExpressVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site TunnelBear Review|
$5.99 per month
|Visit Site Hotspot Shield Review|
- Military Grade Encryption
- 2,800+ Superfast Servers
- Ultra Secure, Zero Logs
- Easiest VPN on the Market
- Fastest VPN on the Market
- 1,500+ servers in 94 Countries
- Ultra Secure, No Logs
- Save up to 48% on a 1 year subscription
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- 700+ Servers & 200K+ IP’s
Everything you need to know about VPN for Viber
Viber is a popular communication tool, through which you will always stay in touch with your family and friends. The main feature of Viber is that you can absolutely free to call and send messages in unlimited quantity to other registered users. All you need is access to a good Internet connection. This practical and convenient app makes it possible to save money on calls and sending messages abroad. If you are a Viber user, then you bypass huge phone bills. The Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) application underlies the Viber. Despite its high-quality work, in many countries, it is blocked due to a number of political, cultural and financial reasons. Viber is actively used in different parts of the world. However, due to locks, you may not be able to use this service while staying in some countries. In this case, to deal with all kinds of restrictions, you need a good VPN. A high-quality VPN will not only provide you with the ability to connect to the Viber regardless of your location but will also provide an additional layer of protection for your personal data.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Viber
Viber is actively used in more than 190 countries of the world, numbering more than 250 million clients. This VoIP-service provides a number of convenient and practical functions, including the exchange of video and audio, and instant messaging. Viber provides its services absolutely free of charge, so you can communicate with your relatives and friends living in other countries without paying for it a penny. Users who live in countries where Viber is blocked, unfortunately, are deprived of this opportunity. Nevertheless, even in such situations, there is always an outlet. VPN is the best option to get rid of any restrictions. Qualitative VPN will hide your real IP address and you can easily and quickly connect to a suitable server, whose IP address will enable you to unblock Viber and virtually stay elsewhere. When choosing the best VPN for Viber, be sure to take into account the following features:
- high-level encryption;
- unlimited bandwidth;
- the high speed of connection;
- the availability of applications for iOS and Android.
If the selected VPN provider adheres to all of the above points, you will get an excellent system for protecting data and bypassing the lock. Also, with the help of VPN, you will get access to Netflix, HBO GO, and ESPN. All your Internet sessions will be anonymous and safe.
What is the best VPN for Viber?
- Log policy. When using the Internet, all your online activities fall into the log of a record that your Internet provider or government agencies can use even without your permission. Some VPNs also keep this log record and store it for a certain time. In order for your online activity to always be a secret, you need to choose a VPN provider that does not have this log. In this case, even if someone tries to get information about your Internet activity, there will be nothing to get because of the lack of any data.
- Connection speed. In most cases, the connection speed of the VPN can be 10-25 percent lower than that of the Internet provider. This is due to the fact that the system needs some time to encrypt your traffic. However, there are VPNs that improve this figure without sacrificing your confidentiality.
- Wide server coverage. Users of Viber and VoIP must check the network size of the proposed servers. This will depend on the sound quality during calls, as well as the possibility of seamlessly switching between different servers that provide open access to Viber. The more servers you have, the more comfortable you will feel.
- High throughput. Some VPNs can limit your bandwidth, thereby negatively affecting the quality of the connection. High bandwidth will give you the opportunity to communicate with family and friends in unlimited quantities, without experiencing any discomfort in the form of poor connection speed and call interruptions.
- Compatibility with different devices. The best VPN takes into account the fact that VoIP services can be used on various gadgets. Therefore, they offer their users applications that are supported by the most popular platforms, including iOS and Android.
- Country of jurisdiction. It is very important to pay attention to exactly where the chosen VPN provider is located. Your privacy depends on this. If the VPN is located in a country where the safety of information is not available, all your datum and online activity can be transferred to government organizations and third parties without your knowledge.
Be sure to consider all the features of the best VPN, to avoid unpleasant situations associated with learning your information.
How do I access Viber with a VPN?
In order to bypass the government lock of Viber, follow the next step-by-step instruction:
- Register your account with the pre-selected VPN provider.
- After successful registration and payment of the package of services, select the application you need and download it to your computer, phone or tablet.
- Then clear the cookies on your browser to get rid of any identifiers of your location.
- Restart your device.
- Go to the VPN application and from the server list provided to you select the one you need (we recommend using servers located in North America or Europe).
- After connecting to the server, you can safely enjoy a secure connection to Viber.
Regardless of your living country or temporary residence, you can always change your real IP address using one of the VPN servers. Thanks to this you will be able to communicate with other users as much as you like, even traveling the world.
Why is Viber Blocked in Some Countries?
Viber has several functions, including the exchange of video and audio files, messages and the availability of VoIP-service, which makes it possible to communicate with other users for free. The peculiarity of this communicative tool is not pleasant to some countries that take measures to block Viber completely or partially on its territory. In addition to political and financial reasons, there are also cultural ones. The government of some countries has resorted to restricting access to this software, which can potentially be used to conduct multiculturalism. The peculiarity of Viber includes the use of the HD quality connection, because of what the content of messages cannot be disclosed. Such a function does not suit the government of some countries, so this also causes the blocking of Viber. For the purpose of total control of citizens, a number of countries completely restrict access to Viber, thereby preventing the dissemination of unverified information coming from outside the country. Also, the lock on Viber is due to the government’s unwillingness to overturn power and to avoid organizing public strikes.
Where is Viber blocked?
About 30 countries around the world have taken measures to block VoIP services, including Viber. The degree of blocking is different everywhere and varies depending on the government beliefs of each country. Some countries completely block VoIP, while other ones only partially restrict access to certain services. However, people can always use the VPN service in order to bypass any locks and restrictions, especially if they live or travel through the countries that we indicated below. Staying in countries such as the United Arab Emirates and Qatar you will not be able to access VoIP since it is completely blocked. The governments of both countries have adopted laws, based on which only local providers of Internet services can provide VoIP services. In countries such as Oman, China, Pakistan, Egypt, etc. VoIP fell under tight restrictions. In India and Russia, it is now deciding on the possible complete blocking of all VoIP services. Countries that have a complete or partial blocking of Viber and VoIP, include the next ones:
- Saudi Arabia,
- South Korea,
How Do VPNs Unblock Viber?
To block the VoIP services, most countries apply special filtering that prevents the routing of unauthorized traffic. The technology is designed in such a way that traffic blocking takes place in three stages where the system:
- monitors the IP addresses that are in the range of a particular country;
- checks them for connection with VoIP-services;
- interrupts the transfer of traffic when there are the manifestations of the connection.
This version of the Viber lock is very simple and fast. VPN bypasses this kind of restrictions very simple. It hides the real IP address using a proxy server and securely encrypts the data. The VPN removes the blockage from your traffic using cryptography. Encryption of data makes them unreadable for unauthorized persons, including the local government and Internet providers. Having received high-level encryption, your traffic gets to the VPN network, and only then it connects to the Internet. Due to such an algorithm of actions, the locking systems cannot read that you have connected to the VoIP software, and therefore cannot block the connection. Moreover, since you are given a new IP address with the help of VPN servers, no one can determine your real location. VPN removes the blockage from Viber by routing your traffic through a special private tunnel. Due to this, your Internet connection successfully overcomes censorship and locks, and you can freely enjoy using VoIP services.
Is it Legal to Unblock Viber with a VPN?
The use of VPN is considered in different countries in different ways. For example, if you are in the United Arab Emirates or Oman, be careful. These countries have enacted strict laws that prohibit the use of VPNs. Connecting to unauthorized VoIP services, to which Viber belongs, means that you are breaking the law. You can use the VPN only to connect the local VoIP programs. Some other countries also have a similar attitude and rules for the use of VPNs, which cannot very please the users. Nevertheless, in most countries, the use of VPN is legal even despite the prohibitions of VoIP services. VPN does not give either authorities or Internet providers the ability to track your traffic and its content. In any case, before you connect to Viber while you are traveling, it is better to check the laws of the country and the legality of using VPN, in order to avoid any possible problems.
Viber is a popular and practical application with a simple and stylish interface. Users can freely communicate and send each other text messages with interesting stickers, having only an Internet connection. High-quality communication and the absence of expensive tariffs make Viber a real godsend for those who travel and want to stay in touch with their relatives and friends. The only problem with this communication tool is the ability to track your online activity by third parties. Therefore, protecting your data and confidentiality are very important. In this case, the VPN will come to your rescue. It reliably encrypts all of your traffic and you can feel protected during the Internet connections. Thanks to the VPN, you will also be able to use Viber in countries and places where access to it is blocked. This is made possible by the fact that you are connecting to a proxy server that changes your IP address and no one can determine your actual location. You get not only the access to all blocked Internet content but also an additional level of data protection and anonymity in the digital world.
Why choose TopVPNchoice?
20+ VPN services
07 May 2018
Most of the people do not get access to most of […]
05 May 2018
With the rising wave of technologies and development around the […]