Best VPNs for Xbox 2019
$6.67 per month
|Visit Site ExpressVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site TunnelBear Review|
$2.99 per month
|Visit Site NordVPN Review|
- Fastest VPN on the Market
- 1,500+ servers in 94 Countries
- Ultra Secure, No Logs
- Save up to 48% on a 1 year subscription
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- 700+ Servers & 200K+ IP’s
Everything you need to know about VPN for Xbox
The Xbox device from Microsoft is a huge success on the ever innovative gaming platform as it has gained a lot of popularity and fame among gamers. However, the Xbox, with all its many nice and exciting features of video content streaming and ability to play DVDs has a contentious issue bordering on the use of VPN. While many people believe the Xbox gaming console is perfect and is all that is needed to have a great entertainment, some people think they are better stuff to be enjoyed possibly by using the virtual private network. The Xbox sure has a limitation and restriction with gaming, content streaming but such a restriction is not only found on the Xbox device but also on Apple Tv and Kodi. The gaming limitations also is never peculiar to Xbox alone but exist on other gaming consoles. One could further argue that since the Xbox covers a lot in a single box, looking for an additional and third-party software or application to use with it is asking for too much. If the Xbox device features are encompassing, the durability is guaranteed and the fun is absolutely breath-taking. However, on the other hand, does it mean that the limitation cannot be bypassed, removed or rendered useless on the Xbox? These questions and similar ones are being asked by Xbox users who desperately need to be educated and taught on what more they have got to do with their favorite gaming and entertainment console. Well, am writing this article to answer these questions and even teach you more about the VPN and why you need it with your Xbox.
Why you need a VPN for your Xbox
There are various reasons that will compel all Xbox users to make use of VPN. These reasons are real, genuine and as important as the reasons for buying the Xbox device itself. Here are the reasons.
- Developer’s Restrictions. Gaming consoles serve as platforms for a different type of games made and developed by some game developers. These developers reserve the rights to deny Xbox users from certain region or country the access to such a game especially at the launch of the game or at the launch of an improved version of the game. Many game developers launch new games and allow only users from few countries have access to it as a test or for other reasons. You know of this fact and you mostly do not like it because you seem to be helpless. But you are not actually helpless because you can break free of these kinds of restriction and denial to enjoy the new games as part of early birds. The help you just know about is made possible with a virtual private network called VPN.
- DDoS Attacks. Online gaming freaks know about many and various ways online opponents dubiously attack each other as a revenge for losing a game or as a way to fraudulently win or crash the game. The truth is that you can never be totally free from limitation and attacks when you have your data accessible online through a login website or gaming console. Players in the online video games may send DDoS attacks through the IP address you are connecting the internet with and make you lose the game. These attacks may even be targeted at the gaming servers of the developers and this will incur great effort from the developer’s company to ban and cut off a number of suspicious users which may include you. Once again, the VPN comes in handy here to protect you from any attacks of the cyber environment by blocking anyone from seeing your internet IP or identity that can be used to attack or ban you from enjoying your favorite game.
- Country Restrictions and Bans. This type of ban and restriction is very common because such has been noticed on several social media platforms and websites which are banned by government agencies of some countries and regions. The Xbox gaming console is not exempted because these agencies of government have also banned and restricted access to online games and streaming of online contents. These bans make the Xbox consoles useless in such countries to the dissatisfaction of the kids and adults that love to catch the ultimate fun playing games and watching shows online. The VPN can help you get past any country restrictions and bans by connecting your Xbox to a foreign server to access every content and games you love and desire.
- Geo-restriction of streaming Contents. The Xbox became prominent and popular because of its many exciting and excellent features. One of such features is the possibility of using the same gaming console for video contents streaming from different content providers like Netflix. People have enjoyed this particular features but are has got a lot of limitations as content providers online give to access to views and users of certain countries while they give another to viewers from other countries or region. Netflix and other content providers are responsible for this demographic restrictions but it hurts Xbox users to be denied interesting movies and shows because it is not allowed in their country. This is one of the limitations of online streaming platforms but the technology of the virtual private network can overcome the restriction and give you the unlimited liberty and freedom that you so much crave for. With the VPN, You get van encrypted connection that ensures your data safety and security online while it also provides many location servers that can be used to bypass any geo-based restrictions. With your knowledge about VPN and how you can connect or install it for your Xbox, you can be free both in your country and wherever you visit for holidays because you are above any form or kind of bans and restrictions that may exist in any country.
How to setup VPN for Xbox
Having known about the reasons to use VPN for Xbox, many people are willing to know how to install, setup or connect their gaming console to virtual private network and break loose from the limitation that has reduced their fun and excitements for so long. Relax and read on to know the practical methods of setting up a VPN for Xbox. There are two way to set up a virtual network for Xbox and both are explained below
Shared VPN from PC
The basis of online gaming and content streaming is the Internet. The internet is what we need to tweak or encrypt to have a secured and safe network. Creating a VPN from your Xbox console is not possible because your Xbox cannot install a VPN application or client. You can, however, create a VPN connection using your personal computer and sharing the connection with your Xbox. Install the best and perfect VPN application on your computer and start it. Then share the VPN with your Xbox to save your data and information online and break all restrictions for your to completely enjoy unlimited, unrestricted gaming and online contents.
VPN from Flash Router
This involves the use of a type of router that can install VPN and enable its connection for other devices like Xbox to use. That type of router is called DD-WRT or flash router and it can be bought from some VPN service providers.
Choosing the best VPN for Xbox
VPN is a Virtual Private Network that is created by third-party applications installed on devices like personal computer, iPhone, tablets, and others. These apps are developed by software developers, They take hold of your internet service and encrypt it for security, privacy and to bypass restrictions and limitations. However, these VPN service providers offer different packages to their subscribers which can be analyzed to arrive at the perfect and best VPN for Xbox. As a subscriber, you must know how to choose from a lot of VPN providers based on some factors. These factors are explained below.
Speed and Unlimited Bandwidth
It is a known fact that the Xbox console is not just for video gaming but for all that encompasses the home entertainment. With that in mind, every Xbox user must be sure of the speed and bandwidth details of the VPN service they are subscribing to. Lagging in games is just frustrating and it is caused by slow internet connection through VPN. While bandwidth size will determine how much of high definition streaming you have access to. Check the features of every VPN services and choose the one that aligns with you to provide a shorter routing connection that is fast and unlimited for limitless video content streaming.
Safety from DDoS Attacks and Swatting
The online gaming arena is full of diverse players from different locations of the world. Some are mischievous and will always want to attack fellow gamers. VPN service provider must mask your proxy address that no such attacks can affect you. Be sure about this before you choose any provider.
Multiple Servers for Unlimited access
The basic technology of bypassing and going through restrictions and limitations is the location server. When your VPN provider has multiple servers located in many countries or regions, then you can switch to anyone to enjoy access to newly launched games that are not allowed for your country. You can also access any contents meant for other regions from your Xbox through the different servers provided by the VPN provider if you choose the best for you. Note that the number of location server your VPN provider has determined the number of locations you can switch to so as to access contents.
For devices like Xbox that cannot install VPN applications, you need a VPN service provider that supports router compatibility to provide you with flash routers that will create a VPN connection and also allow sharing of VPN connection of personal computers to other devices. This makes it possible for you to have your Xbox connected to a VPN connection that saves your information online and provide freedom from all restrictions.
Why choose TopVPNchoice?
20+ VPN services
09 July 2018
During an Internet session, each person encountered such a nuisance […]
07 May 2018
Most of the people do not get access to most of […]