Best VPNs for Firefox 2019
$2.99 per month
|Visit Site NordVPN Review|
$6.67 per month
|Visit Site ExpressVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site TunnelBear Review|
$1.25 per month
|Visit Site ZoogVPN Review|
- Military Grade Encryption
- 5100+ Superfast Servers
- Ultra Secure, Zero Logs
- Easiest VPN on the Market
- Fastest VPN on the Market
- 1,500+ servers in 94 Countries
- Ultra Secure, No Logs
- Save up to 48% on a 1 year subscription
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- 700+ Servers & 200K+ IP’s
Everything you need to know about VPN for Firefox
How to Setup Firefox VPN Addon
We know that the setup process may cause some difficulties, so we have built a simple sequence of actions that will definitely help you. Here they are step by step:
- Decide on the choice of the most suitable for you Firefox VPN;
- Subscribe to it;
- Open Firefox browser;
- Click on the rounded icon that is just below the cross icon;
- Pick the Add-ons option;
- The new windows will be shown up;
- There you need to snap on Extensions located on the left side of the menu;
- Type your chosen VPN into the quest box;
- Press the Enter button;
- Snap-on chosen VPN;
- Click on Add to Firefox option;
- A couple of minutes will be needed to install the application into the Firefox browser;
- Enter Username and Password;
- Connect to the necessary or any VPN server;
- Everything is done and you can enjoy your secure Internet session.
After you have completed all the subscription moments, you can be sure that the security settings from your provider and the level of protection from the extension of the working browser will ensure you complete confidentiality. You can safely enjoy the Internet and all its resources without worrying about the safety and security of your personal details. Another thing is that while using the VPN extension in the Firefox browser, you may encounter some bugs or problems that you might not understand. The Firefox management center is the non-profit organization Mozilla Corporation. This browser is a good alternative to browsers like Chrome and Microsoft. You can download it easily, quickly and free of charge. Moreover, the source code of Firefox is also in the public access. This was the prerequisite for the fact that the Tor project developed a dedicated interface for its network, taking as a basis the Firefox browser code. You can use the services of Firefox designed for MacOSX, iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux. Firefox has a good reputation for security and privacy. Nevertheless, the browser cannot give a 100% guarantee that your Internet connection will be protected from surveillance and hacking, and your personal data will be saved. In order to protect your Internet traffic as safely as possible and be anonymous during Internet sessions, it is necessary to use a good and fast VPN for Firefox. Therefore, in order to save your time, we considered several most common situations and painted the ways to solve them:
- May Firefox not operate with VPN? Check the provider you are working with for a tested and up-to-date VPN extension. In case if Firefox still does not want to work, try to reinstall the extension or completely close the browser and reopen it. When knocking out the same problem, check the browser for updates and restart Firefox to get the new version.
- How to fix Firefox if it breaks up after linking to a VPN? This problem indicates that there was an error in the extension, which caused the browser to break up. Verify that you have registered and are using working and tested VPN extensions to fully enjoy a reliable connection and secure Internet access.
Why you need to use a VPN for Firefox
If you belong to a number of users of Mozilla Firefox and are thinking about buying a VPN, you will definitely note that there are several excellent VPN providers that will be able to meet your wishes and needs in full. VPN offers a wide range of special settings for Firefox, which will help make personal settings and will be very useful in certain situations. Installing the VPN plugin into your browser will provide a reliable level of protection for your traffic and secure your data from surveillance and theft. The VPN provider encrypts your Internet traffic and redirects it through one of its servers, which you can choose personally, and which will be located in another country or even on another continent. Thus, your real IP address will be hidden, as well as your actual location. Your internet activity will be saved from unwanted eyes. Moreover, you will be able to bypass the protection of many sites that use geo-locking. Applying a browser add-on also called an extension, will not give you the same level of protection as when using a full VPN. However, you will get a simple and quick way to disguise your actual IP address during your Internet surfing. Browser add-ons are really useful in some situations, but they are not suitable for permanent use. It is for this reason that many VPNs provide them as one of the elements of a full package of their services. We also recommend choosing a full package of VPN services that will provide the opportunity to use applications and settings on your devices and in the browser in particular, when this will be necessary. VPN providers are of different price category, you can choose the average cost. Moreover, they do not require special knowledge for customization and this process will not take you much time. Nevertheless, carefully study what the provider offers you before deciding on a choice, as some of them may be a waste of money. If you want or need to use a VPN with Firefox, please note whether a particular provider will deal with your service directly without intermediaries. It is very important. It is also worth taking into account the speed of connection, reliability, security level, and the ability to bypass the blocking of streaming services. When buying a subscription for VPN, first check the functionality and performance settings of the full VPN applications and browser extension.
Reasons to use VPN for Firefox
- Provides a fast and reliable connection;
- Supplies access to popular websites with geo-locking;
- Creates reliable protection;
- There is no registration policy;
- Includes the Firefox browser add-on;
- Guarantees dedicated support, etc.
VPN for Firefox provides users with a high level of security and privacy. It also provides for unlocking sites that use geo protection. These include Amazon Prime, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and others. Connecting to any server of your chosen VPN provider hides your IP address and it seems that you are in any other country. Some VPNs for Firefox have the ability to block annoying ads, making your internet session calmer and quality. Moreover, you can not only get rid of pop-up messages but also be sure that your VPN, using a special built-in tool, will add the HTTPS protocol, providing a subsequent secure connection.
Benefits of using the best VPN for Firefox
Online user activity is a very vulnerable element, as hackers and cybercriminals can easily use your browser in order to easily enter your device and get your data and files. Firefox VPN prevents such problems and protects your gadget from attacks and hacking. VPN in Firefox makes your actual IP address invisible, giving you complete anonymity on the Internet. Various spy programs and online surveillance agencies cannot track your online activities. High-quality data encryption and high-performance protocols guarantee the reliability and safety of your security. The benefits of Firefox VPN also include circumvention of the geo-blocking of various Internet resources. Moreover, some Mozilla Firefox VPN extensions also help block pop-up ads, which are very annoying, especially when you want to quietly watch your favorite movie or series, or just read an online book.
When to use a browser add-on instead of a full VPN
Some VPNs provide their users with a special autonomous add-on, which is also called an extension or extension of the proxy. Its main advantage over the full version of the VPN is that it uses fewer resources due to its facilitated nature. This is possible only due to the fact that you risk your safety. Most extensions are designed only to mask your IP address. In turn, this helps to circumvent the geo-blocking of the websites and prevent the registration of your Internet activity by the Internet provider you use, which is obliged to keep a record of your online connections. Nevertheless, the expansion does not provide the function of encryption of your traffic, therefore your personal information does not receive any protection and is still in the public domain. Even though some add-ons will provide a function to encrypt your traffic, this will only affect the browser in which they are applied. Remember that they will not provide protection for other browsers or applications that are used online on your device. And ultimately, what is better for use? In general terms, the add-on is the best option in cases where speed is in priority. For example, if you want to watch a movie or you need to use streaming. But if privacy and security come first, select the VPN application.
Does it worth to use a free VPN with Firefox?
Choosing among a wide variety of VPN providers, you will inevitably get to those that offer their services for free. These include those that will offer you special add-ons Firefox as well. We doubt that we can say something new here, as we all understand what can be obtained for free. Nevertheless, we will tell you a few features that you should take into account when dealing with such proposals. Some of these offers will be very lucrative, that is, a small choice of servers, slow connection speed, and unacceptably low throughput. Moreover, many free VPNs will offer a very meager assortment of services, thus stimulating you to purchase a paid version with a full package. Other free VPN providers in search of revenue will keep a log of your online activity, including a record of cookies. They will be used to track your connections during which annoying messages from advertisers will frequently appear. Moreover, there are budgetary VPN plans that will not cost much compared to the fact that you will spend time interrupting the connection, buffering and obsessive thoughts about the vulnerability of your data.
How to choose
The fact that online freedom, as a concept, has practically exhausted and not justified itself, is very difficult to perceive, especially considering that we live in the 21st century. Unfortunately, now users have to spend the time to circumvent censorship on the Internet and to access websites with geo restrictions. And even though your VPN can unlock streaming content, you need to make sure that the VPN provider has a large number of servers that will definitely come in handy for you in the future. To get the maximum amount of quality services you need to know that you are using the best VPN for Firefox. Choose only those VPN providers who offer a VPN extension for the Firefox browser, as not everyone has the option. In order to correctly choose a VPN provider that will work well with Firefox, we recommend using certain protocols. Here is a list of main things that need your attention:
- Exceptional unblocking capabilities. Pre-check your VPN provider for a wide range of functions. Pay special attention to security, the ability to bypass the geo-lock to gain access to the stream of transmission, as well as obtaining a continuous connection with unfiltered Internet resources. It is very important that there is no DNS or IPv6 leaks when performing the above functions.
- Advanced features. Most of the VPN extensions for Firefox just give you the option of hiding your actual IP address. But if the high level of data protection and anonymity is of particular importance, make sure that the extension you select has a more detailed function, including kill switch, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, as well as ad blocking.
- Good server locations. Even using browser extensions you can have access to various servers, the closest one to your real location will be the fastest. But for this, you need to make sure that the chosen VPN provides such an opportunity, as well as the ability to obtain a dedicated IP address. Thus, you can safely surf the Internet not thinking about your safety. Your VPN provider will take care of this.
- Easy-to-use extension. Due to the fact that the Firefox browser is very resource intensive, you need to choose a VPN that will provide an extension with the maximum set of capabilities, both for experienced users and for basic ones, and will not weigh much.
Why choose TopVPNchoice?
20+ VPN services
09 July 2018
During an Internet session, each person encountered such a nuisance […]
05 May 2018
With the rising wave of technologies and development around the […]