Best VPN services for BBC iPlayer 2018
$2.75 per month
|Visit Site NordVPN Review|
$6.67 per month
|Visit Site ExpressVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site TunnelBear Review|
- Military Grade Encryption
- 2,800+ Superfast Servers
- Ultra Secure, Zero Logs
- Easiest VPN on the Market
- Fastest VPN on the Market
- 1,500+ servers in 94 Countries
- Ultra Secure, No Logs
- Save up to 48% on a 1 year subscription
Everything You Should Know About VPN for BBC IPlayer
The BBC iPlayer is the online streaming platform of the British Broadcasting Corporation, which allows users to view amazing contents such as TV shows, movies, sports, documentaries and much more! However, only those who are covered by the UK’s TV license can access these materials. This is reasonable since the BBC belongs to the British government and is funded by taxes paid by the residents. This restriction can create problems for people who are not from Great Britain and who love the amazing content on the iPlayer. It is also frustrating that as a taxpayer, you cannot access the platform once you travel out of the United Kingdom. A VPN for BBC iPlayer should be able to let you bypass all restrictions.
Benefits of using VPN for BBC iPlayer
A VPN provides an effective solution to the geographical restrictions, using a backdoor route to the iPlayer network. Without a VPN, your ISP’s IP address enables iPlayer to detect your location. Using a VPN bypasses your ISP and instead uses a UK IP address of your VPN provider. Thus, iPlayer is cheating, giving you unlimited access to its content from anywhere in the world.
Whether you live in countries with government restrictions on the Internet usage or travel to such countries, then the streaming content from the iPlayer platform is a plus for you. Envision traveling to Iran or North Korea with strict Internet censorship, the VPN allows you to use the Internet freely!
Some countries monitor people’s online activity. This can particularly be unnerving if you are an activist or a foreign citizen. With the no-logging feature of some VPN providers, you can be sure of privacy!
Although most computer devices are protected by antivirus software, the complementary anti-malware feature most VPN providers offer add an extra layer of security to your system. In addition, your mobile devices, which are most vulnerable, are protected. With these benefits, you cannot deny that streaming over a VPN certainly a multi-faceted experience you will not want to miss! You can follow us for recommendations on the best VPN for BBC iPlayer.
What should you do if BBC iPlayer does not work?
- If you use the application for BBC iPlayer, it is necessary to remember that applications for game consoles, streaming media boxes, Android and iOS can force your gadget to connect to the DNS server of the Internet provider instead of VPN. To avoid this situation, you need to make some VPN settings on a virtual or home Wi-Fi router, rather than using the VPN application.
- When reconnecting to a VPN server, you may still encounter a problem of inaccessibility to the BBC iPlayer. The reason for this may be that the cookies of your BBC iPlayer could remember your last location and continue to pull it up by default. To get rid of this problem, you need to clear the cookies. To do this, go to the settings of the browser you are using, or try a special extension – EditThisCookie.
- There can be situations when you launch the BBC iPlayer through the VPN server and the page may not be loaded, displaying an error message on the screen. In order to solve this problem, you need to clear the DNS cache. If you have Windows, enter “cmd” in the search bar, in the “Command line” write “ipconfig / flushdns” and press the “ENTER” button. If you use a Mac, you need to find a step-by-step instruction for your version of OSX and follow it.
To eliminate all side problems, we also recommend that you clear all available cached data. This will not give iPlayer the ability to determine your real location. To do this, you can go to the browser settings and remove the whole cache or use the CTRL (hold) + F5 (click) command. This command will perform a full update.
How to choose VPN for BBC iPlayer
There are many different good VPN providers. However, not all of them can be compatible with the BBC iPlayer. Therefore, if you want to enjoy this service, you will need to conduct a good research and take into account a number of factors that directly affect the quality and ability to work with BBC iPlayer:
- Availability of servers in the UK. No matter how good a VPN provider is and how many servers it would have all over the world, if it does not have at least several servers located in the UK, unfortunately, you will not be able to cope with the geo-blocking. The good news is that most quality VPNs can please their customers with the availability of servers in the UK. The more UK servers a VPN provider has, the better it is for the user.
- Not blocked by iPlayer.
- Fast and stable connection speed. This is a very important feature if you do not want to waste your time and nerves on possible delays or annoying buffering.
- Professional, high-quality and fast customer service.
Only a strong and reliable VPN will help you bypass all kinds of restrictions and safely enjoy a fast and anonymous VPN connection to your favorite BBC iPlayer.
Why choose TopVPNchoice?
20+ VPN services
07 May 2018
Most of the people do not get access to most of […]
05 May 2018
With the rising wave of technologies and development around the […]