Best VPNs for Chromecast 2019
$2.75 per month
|Visit Site NordVPN Review|
$6.67 per month
|Visit Site ExpressVPN Review|
$4.99 per month
|Visit Site TunnelBear Review|
$1.25 per month
|Visit Site ZoogVPN Review|
- Military Grade Encryption
- 2,800+ Superfast Servers
- Ultra Secure, Zero Logs
- Easiest VPN on the Market
- Fastest VPN on the Market
- 1,500+ servers in 94 Countries
- Ultra Secure, No Logs
- Save up to 48% on a 1 year subscription
- VPN with a free version
- Easy-to-Use Apps
- 700+ Servers & 200K+ IP’s
Everything You Need to Know About VPN for Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a popular multimedia device. It is used for more convenient streaming of video and other resources that offer different online channels directly to your TV. Now, most of all channels have a connection to the network. Thus, to be able to access such channels, you must be in a defined country where there is no geo-lock. Moreover, such restrictions also affect some flows going on live. Because of these conditions, users can be deprived of viewing various interesting events if they live in geo-restricted regions. The Chromecast device acts as a link between the TV and the computer thanks to which you can fully enjoy the services provided by YouTube, Hulu Plus, Netflix, etc. To date, a large number of different streaming services fall under the strict government rules of geo-locking and hard censorship. To get seamless access to all Internet resources, you’ll need the Chromecast to unlock feature. To quickly and easily unblock Chromecast, you need an additional service – a VPN for Chromecast, which will help you get rid of this problem. In addition, you will receive a full package of accompanying services for more practical and convenient use.
What is a Chromecast VPN?
Anyone who works with Chromecast knows that the device requires a certain number of conditions. Uninterrupted Wi-Fi connection is among them. Cybersecurity assumes that every unprotected Internet connection carries a threat. To protect your personal data, you need to use special tools, which include VPN. The VPN for Chromecast will make the encryption and guarantee a protection of your data sending it through the secure tunnel. VPN for Chromecast is a common VPN that works as an addition to the device being used. The VPN application cannot be installed directly on the Chromecast device. Most VPN applications do not provide local IP addresses. This is done to facilitate the use of local resources, such as Chromecast keys, network drives, printers, etc. Moreover, running the VPN on the device you need usually is not a hindrance to casting on Chromecast. VPN for unlocking Chromecast gives you the right to choose any region from the offered list to gain access to blocked content and bypass strict censorship. VPN will protect your online connections and secure your data from surveillance. You do not need to worry about any penalties, because the VPN eliminates every reason for this to happen. First, all your data is securely encrypted by using a special protocol and keys that are practiced in modern information encryption technologies. Secondly, you get a guarantee to be completely anonymous.
Why Do You Need a VPN for Chromecast?
VPN helps to bypass the geo-lock, thereby providing access to various streaming channels. Thanks to the VPN, you can enjoy watching your favorite movies, videos, and programs from any corner of the planet. VPN technology provides a reliable level of encryption of your traffic, routing it through the provider’s server, which can be located in a completely different region, country or continent. Thus, your actual location is hidden from the streaming services that use any geo limitations. However, when dealing with Chromecast, you need to keep in mind several features:
- Chromecast devices do not have VPN support;
- if you want to apply the VPN, be prepared for a long and complicated configuration process;
- Smart DNS proxy servers that act as a counterpart to VPN also do not have support;
- The best choice is to set up the VPN on the Wi-Fi router, taking into account the further connection of Chromecast.
The last point is very important if you want to have access to geo-limited Internet resources. The system will work in such a way that your traffic from Chromecast will be sent through the VPN server. VPN for Chromecast gives you the opportunity to view all the online channels and any content that is restricted to certain countries or cut by censor from anywhere in the world and display it on the large screen of your TV. These manipulations do not call for violating copyrights, but only provide access to geo-blocked resources. Moreover, users can view and redirect streaming content through Chromecast in privacy mode.
How to choose the best VPN for Chromecast
Streaming sites require special VPN since most of them cannot cope with circumvention of geo-restrictions. Connections to some known VPN servers can be easily blocked by streaming services. This forces people to use the VPN, which will outwit such actions. Therefore, a proper approach should be taken to the selection of the VPN. Especially for you, we have compiled a list of the main criteria that should be taken into account in good and reliable VPN for Chromecast:
- the ability to configure directly on the router;
- bypassing the geo-blocking of stream channels;
- fast and reliable connection speed;
- high bandwidth and quality;
- stable streaming;
- high level of datum protection;
- money-back guarantee;
- fast and professional customer support.
Using the best VPN for Chromecast, you can be completely confident in protecting personal information and anonymity. Good VPN providers do not keep a log of your online activity, as well as provide various confidential options for calling services.
How to set up a Chromecast VPN
After registering for the VPN, you will be presented with the choice of how you want to connect Chromecast to it:
- a virtual router,
- a physical router.
Chromecast connection through a VPN-enabled virtual router
This option is more simple and affordable since you just need to make a Wi-Fi hotspot from your computer. If you have an access point, you will be able to connect any device. All traffic that will pass through the VPN server, will automatically get the reliable level of protection.
- create the virtual router;
- visit Chromecast Wi-Fi settings;
- connect to the new network.
Pros of this method:
- free and easy setup;
- to create a virtual router or access point, only the computer in which this function is provided is required.
- it is necessary to switch on your computer with the created access point and keep it near every time you need to use Chromecast with VPN.
Chromecast VPN set up through a Wi-Fi router
This option is more intricate and requires a compatible and high-tech router. Unlike the first option, you do not need to monitor the computer with the created access point was always near. A VPN connection that will be configured on your Wi-Fi router will enable you to connect any devices, including Chromecast. As a result, all of them will be tunneled through the VPN.
- use a router whose firmware will pull VPN connections;
- avoid routers of cheap price segment, as their resources may not be enough to provide the proper level of traffic encryption, which can negatively affect the performance;
- even if the router firmware does not support VPN, but you are sure of its high efficiency, you can check the router for compatibility in a new version of the firmware that is freely available;
- replace the firmware, if you know how to do it (remember that if the process is incorrect, your router may be damaged);
- if you are not sure about your abilities, then it’s better to take care of purchasing a pre-flashed router, which settings include connecting to the servers of the VPN provider (thus, you will save your time and effort);
- after figuring out the choice of VPN subscription and the necessary router, make sure that the VPN provider has clear instructions for making the correct settings;
- because of the different variations of firmware routers there is no clear instruction, however, each provider of VPN services should help and provide the most precise procedure;
- after the router configuration, visit Chromecast Wi-Fi settings and join the recently developed network.
How to setup Chromecast from the desktop
In order for users of Windows, MacOS and Linux system to easily use the Chrome browser to view the required content, we have compiled a simple instruction:
- In the settings, select “Cast”.
- In order for the current Chrome tab to be canceled, you need to select a Chromecast device. Please note that periodically Chrome may not find the Chromecast device while the VNP is in the active state. To get rid of this problem – just turn off the VPN, wait for Chrome to find the Chromecast device, and start the VPN again. When you restart the computer, you will have to repeat all the steps again.
- In order to fully enjoy streaming channels, you can display the picture on the large screen of your desktop. Just click on the arrow next to “Cast to” à Cast Desktop.
- All done!
Here are three main ways how to use a VPN with Chromecast:
- Route traffic through the VPN
You will have to resort to some changes to the settings of the router. To do this, it will be necessary to select the correct VPN service that will contribute to this process. You will need to create a new network for routing traffic using a different gateway. After that, you need to run the VPN, after making sure that the router is able to support it. This method requires care, strength, and patience. Nevertheless, there are a few more simple ways.
- Block Google DNS
This method prohibits the use of Google DNS by a router. To do this, open the control panel of the router, check the IP filter settings and put a lock on the DNS from Google. Under such conditions, the router will be forced to find a new one, for example, Open DNS, which will not block VPN services.
- Cast your screen
Perhaps, this option is the easiest and interesting. To do this, you need a browser, which will act as a platform for VPN. With it, you get access to any content, bypassing all geo restrictions and censorship. You will not need to apply a VPN routing your traffic through the network directly from your desktop. It will be enough to employ a convenient browser, using the VPN tool to access the right online channel. After that, using the Google Cast extension you can open the screen for Chromecast. Use of VPN in the browser through which you cast to Chromecast is not possible.
Why choose TopVPNchoice?
20+ VPN services
07 May 2018
Most of the people do not get access to most of […]
09 July 2018
During an Internet session, each person encountered such a nuisance […]